It just feels like when it comes to crafting I have what I
call crafting ADHD. The classic signs?
- Is easily distracted- Why yes I am. I have so many ideas going around in my head that I am constantly distracted!
- Does not follow directions or finish tasks- I have a really hard time finishing a lot of the projects that I start. I feel like I'm in a huge rush to get them all done and one project may be taking me too long to finish, so I've got to move on to the next one, and I WILL come back to this project someday.
- Does not appear to be listening when someone is speaking- Ask my husband, he will tell you this is me to a T when I get to crafting. (I am listening, I just may not care to respond.)
- Is forgetful about daily activities- Yup, dishes, floor sweeping, vacuuming, etc. FORGOTTEN!!
- Has problems organizing daily tasks- There's just not enough time in my day to get it all done.
- Often loses things, including personal items- I set down that glue stick, and I know it's around here somewhere!
- Has a tendency to daydream- I have to! There's so many great projects to tweek and make my own that it's hard not to "daydream."
SO with that being stated, I finished one of my projects!!! WOOHOOO me. I am loving it!
The idea for this project came about after my sweet husband brought me some roses and a beautiful red vase to
put them in. It wasn't your typical vase, and I LOVED it! I'm completely and totally in love with red right now. In
fact, one of these days I'm going to be painting my front door RED. Anyway...(easily distracted.) I bought some
red felt, (Hobby Lobby, .25c a piece) and used one of my kids cheap plastic cups and traced the circle onto the
felt with a black permanent marker. I then cut out my circle and then cut a cat tail out of my felt. Except for
instead of just going straight around I weaved my scissors so that it made a ruffled edge on my rose. You can
see a tutorial here. (I skipped her first step and only used the "Wiggle" of the scissors to make my curved rose
Then I added pearls in the center of my roses and I LOVE how it all looks. It was so simple. What do you
It definitely added a lot to my shelf. Don't you think?