Friday, May 13, 2011

Faux silk technique

Wow, it has been way too long.  I am still here, but I'll continue to be on alot less for awhile.  My husband was deployed and with 3 kids there is simply very little time to do what I would LOVE to do.  Thank you so much for still sticking with me.

I did steal away a few minutes today to do this Faux silk technique.  I have a class tonight, so that is my excuse to come and focus on my passion for awhile.  Here is the card that I will be having my members do.


  I hope you like it.  It was a fun new technique I learned.  If you haven't tried it, you must!  (For any SU demonstrators, you can find the tutorial in your January issue of Stampin Success  on pg. 21.)  For anyone else, let me know if you'd like the directions for this technique and I'll post them.  This picture just doesn't show the real beauty of this technique.  To finish it off, I added a little shimmer spray, so it's so much prettier than this card shows.


 Again, thanks ladies for your support!

5 comments:

  1. A very pretty card and I love the faux silk effect. I also just loved the bling you had on the greeting until I realized it was the little magnifying thingie to make the picture bigger. I think it's time for me to take a nap! Thanks for blessing my day and inspiring my art. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your ladies will love to do this card. TFS
    www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great technique! I just tried it myself for the first time last week. This is such a great set to use it with, too. Thanks for the inspiration! :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, I'll have to try this technique, love the results.

    ReplyDelete