Saturday, December 3, 2011

Dryer sheet technique

So every month I have a technique class.  That means that I spend a ton of time looking around for a unique techique that I hope they haven't heard about.  Last night, I showed them the dryer sheet technique.  I think it went over pretty well, EXCEPT, the one time I had procrastinated all night to set up everyone showed up early.  Somehow FB put my event for 6:00 on some pages, and 7:00 on my page.  So other than not having everything out and ready for everyone to stamp, I think the technique went well, but I have learned a valuable lesson.  I won't procrastanate even if I think I have plenty of time.  (thankfully my club gals were really sweet about it.)

Anyway, here's the card that we did last night using a dryer sheet.
I used Old Olive cardstock, ribbon and ink.  White CS, versa mark, and silver embossing powder.  The stamp set is Snow Swirled.    First on the Old olive CS I stamped snowflakes using old olive ink.  Then you tie your ribbon around the card.  Next, using versa mark stamp your greeting, add silver embossing powder over it and emboss.  Then taking your white CS you stamp your image in Old Olive ink, get a glue stick and cover the entire piece of white cs with glue.  Next put your dryer sheet on top of it, smooth it out and either cut it down to fit, or as I did cut it down but leave enough to fold your sides down in back.  I think it gives it a more finished look if it's folded behind, but it looks nice cutting it down too.  Next, sprinkle on alot of dazzling diamons,  (I coverd my enitre white CS) and then shake it off.  The dazzling diamonds will stick to the glue and dryer sheet, and gives a very pretty sparkly effect.  I kinda thought it looked like snow.  (The really pretty one when it first snows, and you wake up to it when the sun is just shining, and nobody has walked on it.)  It made a beautiful christmas card. 

I would love to see what you come up with, send me your blogs, and I"ll add a link so others can see what else you can do with dryer sheets.  Thanks as always for stopping by!  Stay tuned for my post on the prizes I gave out for my Advent Calendar Event.  I think they all turned out super cute.

I also entered this card into a blog hop.  Take a look at all of these beautiful cards!  .

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! I am going to have to try this. I have been saving my dryer sheets so I have a few to play with. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card turned out beautiful, and I can't wait to try the dryer sheet technique. Do you use a dryer sheet that has already been used in the dryer, rather than a new one? Thanks for sharing your project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Brenda for that question, I should of thought to inlcude that in my post. Yes, you use a used dryer sheet. It loosens up the fibers and makes it easier and better to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Beautiful job, thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how this sparkles! I will for sure be trying this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I thought I had seen it all LOL
    I watch lots of techniques but have never come across the dryer technique. It is absolutely gorgeous. LOL I thought you had left out a step so I checked You tube and it is exactly as you said. I could not wrap my brain around seeing the image through the dryer sheet. This is one technique I am going to do today. It won't stay on my To Do list. Thank you so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I've never done this technique but I love all the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yolanda, thanks for your comment on my blog last week! I really appreciated you taking the time to stop by. I love your idea of holding technique classes. I think my customers who enjoy doing something like that! Blessings to you and happy stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is beautiful! I'll have to try this with my ladies.
    Debbie
    www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete