Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Journal

This month has been crazy busy!  I wish I had thought to take pictures of everything I made, but as usual I was running behind on everything and barely got the last of the gifts handed out on Christmas Eve.   So here's the pictures I did take.
These are the poinsettias that I made for the cover of the Christmas journals.  For these I used all 3 of my different sized oval punches, (the large, small and scalloped).  I used real red cardstock punched out the different sizes, and then used some scissors to add shape to the petals, (except the scalloped edged ones).  I then painted them with the cherry cobbler dazzling details, and let them dry.  Then I glued them to a circle, added the brad in the center and whalla.  It looked awesome!  You can't see it in the picture, but they are sparkly and very pretty.




I used the new Cherry Cobbler dazzling details.  (coming out January 4) to add some sparkle, and the Antique brads from the main catalog.  (117273)  They are on pg. 198 and are $5.95 for 4 each of 5 designs.  Gorgeous brads!

 On the inside front cover the poem said, "The tree comes down, Christmas is past, Use this book, To make Memories last, Record special moments, maybe a picture or two, unpack it each year, and remember a new.
I found this idea on accident while looking for something else, but loved it and had to do it for some Christmas gifts.  You can find the tutorial and all the details here.  In her search bar type in Christmas journal and it should take you right to it. 

I'm sorry for the delay in getting this posted.  I thought I had set it to automatically post, but it didnt' work.  So this might be one of those amazing ideas you tweak for another occasion such as a baby's arrival, or a wedding, or just save it for Christmas to roll around again.  Either way, I thought it was too good not to share.   Thanks as always for stopping by!


Okay, here's the direct link to the instuctions for this project.  Sorry, I thought the above one would be easy to find, but it turns out you'd have to hunt for it.  Any other questions, please let me know and I'll get to them as soon as possible. 

3 comments:

  1. Yolanda just a note to say I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. Your journals are beautiful and inspiring and I absolutely love the pointsettias. I think they're the nicest I've seen. Thanks for including the link. Never did find the project but will go back and search again. Looks interesting as you say for during the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These poinsettias are beautiful. I love that you used the oval punches. The people receiving this journal are truly blessed. Thanks for blessing MY day as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yolanda, I am sorry to hear about your aunt. Your journals are beautiful. Love the flowers. YOu did a really great job on them.

    ReplyDelete