Saturday, January 7, 2012

Change of technique

I dont' know why I always do this, but I changed my technique at the last minute.  Not literally the last minute, but I stayed up until 2 in the morning on Thursday to see if I could find something else that I really, really liked.  The grid technique was nice, and it does add something to a card, but I just didn't really love either card.  I always want my club gals to come and really like if not love the card that they are going to make.  So with all of this, I changed my technique at the last minute.  Here is the card (s) that we ended up doing.  I let them choose which one of the first two they would like to do,.

The colors on this card are Marina mist, Cajun craze, Old olive, and bashful blue.
 These colors are, Certainly celery, Pretty in pink, and Regal rose.
 Same  colors as above, just added Marina mist.
This card was awesome with all of the different things you did to make it.  A brayer, circle punches, different inks, just tons of fun to make!  All of the inspiration comes from none other than Dawn.  I should say these cards are totally cased from Dawn.  I used different stamps, and on the one card different colors, but it's all her.  I LOVE everything I see from her, and she's so good about having measurements written on her video's as it goes for the slower people like me who read better than I listen.  Anyhow, find her video right here.  Thanks to EVERYONE who shares their ideas so freely, I really really appreciate it all! 

4 comments:

  1. Yolanda these are such awesome cards. Thanks for Dawn's link I watched the video and I'm now going to make my own version. WOW this is such an awesome technique and I know my gals will love it in my January card class. So much fun.

    PS I loved your grid cards too......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this technique. I will have to try it. Your cards are great. I tried to send you an email and it bounced. I highlighted your address then copied and pasted it but it didn't work. Just wanted you to know. I was thanking you for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Yolanda! Plus, I love how you showcase not only the technique, but multiple colors. I have bookmarked Dawn's video, so I can learn to master the brayer a little bit more like you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I wish I was at your club because I love these cards
    Following from SC
    craftykatcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete