Saturday, September 17, 2011

"Ain't it good to know, You've got a friend"

I am so excited about this card. A couple of posts back I asked what challenges you ladies liked to do and I got several really good places to go. One of the blogs I was referred to is http://alacardmonkey.blogspot.com/ . I found the challenge for this card there, and here's what I came up with.



I wish that the detail of this card would show in the picture.  I'm so loving this card, but the picture is just NOT doing it justice.  I used Calypso, Baja Breeze, and Daffodil delight.  I tryed a few techniques in this card, the kissing technique for the smaller flowers in the corners, I added dazzling diamonds on the sides of the circle flowers, and the "just for you", and the inside of my big flowers.  I put bling on the 5 petals of each card, and then stepped back and looked at it for awhile.  I popped the big flowers out with stampin dimmensionals,  added the ribbon and whalla, it was done.  I really do love this card, I just need to figure out how to take a picture that shows all the bling!  Thanks ladies for stopping by and for the great blogs you all recommended.  I am excited about this card as it's my very FIRST card made just for a challenge.  As always, I'd love to know what you think, and stop by http://alacardmonkey.blogspot.com and join the challenge!  I'd love to see what you all come up with.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on taking on your first challenge. Love all the colors and flowers. Looking forward to seeing more cards from challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your first challenge! Love the rhinestones on the flower edges and colors are bright and fun- tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! I just started doing challenges also. They are fun. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of bright happy flowers here! Keep enjoying the challenges - they are fun!! It is great you chose A La Monkey for your first one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Girl your card is so Pretty! Have you checked your camera if it has Micro Picture setting, I did not know mine had that and when I found it one day and used it on my Card Photos WOW it made a really big difference... on my Camera (the icon) it is a picture of a Tulip. I hope that helps. Thanks for joining us at A La Card Monkey.

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete