Friday, June 21, 2013

Crafting away...

I have just been having so much fun the last couple of days making one thing after the other.  My biggest addiction right now is going to the D.I and picking out things that I can re-make into something else.  I'm seriously loving it!

So I found these fairy pictures, and my oldest loved them just the way they were.  Me, not so much.

I immediately set to work.  I had an idea in my head, and wondered how it would turn out.  I painted the blocks all white, and then tried to think of cute words, saying, or something that would go well with where I wanted to place them.  I knew that whatever I was making I wanted it to go into my bedroom.  So with that in mind, I found these sayings already in my cricut, (if your interested, I'll look up the name of the cartridge.)  and picked out the brown vinyl.  I know in the picture it looks black, but it's dark brown. Here's how it turned out. 



 I really like how they turned out!  I'm still trying to figure out right where I want them in my bedroom, for now it looks good right on the space above my head board.    I used my Cricut to cut out the vinyl.  This is only my 2nd project using my Cricut and Vinyl, and I'm really loving the ease of this wonderful machine!  All in all this project only cost me $1.50 to make.  LOVE IT!! ( that's how much the fairly pictures where at the DI, everything else I had on hand, or borrowed from my friend Brittany).

Now, I have also been working on a table center piece, and it's just about finished.  I am so in love with it.  I seriously surprised myself with how well it turned out.  I'm so excited to share it.  Hopefully by tomorrow it will be ready for show.  I'd love to see what you're all working on and hear what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment