Sunday, December 19, 2010

Birthday card

I know I've seen this idea with the punches in several places, so I don't know who to give credit to. With that being said, I made this super cute dress. I used the square punch, the word window punch, and the oval punch. I used retired green galore, and current melon mambo. The flip flops I thought went perfectly with this dress. I actually bought that punch on clearance at Michael's. Other than the flip flop punch, everything is SU. The brads and flowers came from the pretties kit. I wanted to do something a bit more summer looking. My friends birthday falls one day after Christmas and I didn't want to stick with the Christmas look. This card looks feminine and warm to me. What do you think? As always comments are very appreciated! Thanks for looking!! p.s. PLEASE read my comment below. I found the blog my idea came from after I posted this. Check her out, she's got amazing ideas!

6 comments:

  1. AAAHHHH! I just found the blog that I copied her punches from. It's www.stampingcrazy.com. Check her blog out, you'll have to scroll down just a bit to see her version of the card. I really appreciate people sharing their ideas, and I always strive to give credit where credit is due, so I apologize if someone else came up with this dress design, I saw it on the blog stated above and copied it. I know I've seen simular things else where, but this particular card was inspired by the above blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! i'm a new follower from SC! please stop by!
    stampcravings.blogspot.com
    thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so adorable! I will need to case this for my youngest granddaughter. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute! I am know following from the Stampin' Connection thread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a CUTE card!!! Love this idea, thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for such a cute card Yolanda! It was so thoughtful of you and I LOVED it :) You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete