Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Finally...the Owl Punch

I finally got to use my Owl punch.  It's such a cute punch.  I LOVE everything I've seen using it.  A very dear friend is having a birthday tomorrow and I wanted to make a special card.  It has taken me ALL day to do it,
but I think it's turned out great.  I really like it. 

Here's part of the reason it took me all day to do it.  Isn't she just a cutie.  I think it just makes the card look so much nicer!



Here's the inside of the card.  It's very simple, but I think it finishes the card.
Now before I get a comment on the fact that I need to re-ink my chocholate chip ink, my little one insisted on doing it "myself".  So I had to let her help. 

Now, I saw on a tutorial somewhere awhile back when I was playing around with google, how to do scallops.  I thought it was really smart, and so simple, and a "why didn't I think of that" moment hit me.  So here is how I did the scallops around my big circle.


Simple ha?  Anyway, thanks as always for looking and I'd love to know what you think.  Thanks!

8 comments:

  1. Ahhh! Super cute card! I'm really loving the owl...esp cause it's wearing pink hehe.

    Please stop by my blog as well. I made a cupcake box you might like :)

    http://www.createmepink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so cute! Especially your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Yolanda. Your scallops are oh so clever. Can't get enough of those little owls they are just the cutest and so is your little one. What great eyes she has!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, love the owls too! I just got my punch in a week ago. Dont know why I didnt get it sooner. Are you a military spouse? We are stationed in Germany. I am following your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the new punch! I just love bird and owl stuff. You are so creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, she is a cutie!!! So is your owl card, I just love that punch!!! ;)Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww! Adorable card and even more adorable helper! :) Very cool scallop tip! Cannot wait to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta love that owl punch, not to mention your "model" is a cutie. Now following from SC.

    www.stampingwithlulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete