Saturday, February 19, 2011

OWH

Last night my friend Kathy and I were able to do some more cards for this great cause, Operation Write Home. It's always such a nice feeling as we're working so hard to make nice cards and knowing that it's all worth it because a soldier who is seperated from his/her family will be able to take this and write a heart felt message for his/her family, spouse, child, parent. I know how much I loved getting a personal letter from my hunny when he was over seas, and to get a beautiful card along with his words would of been amazing! I LOVE this cause. Here's the card we did.

The inside is my favorite part. We stamped the sentiment, "you're never more than a thought away." I think it's such a nice sentiment. We did case this card, and you can see the original here.

Now, I need to give some shout outs! First I'd like to thank Hill Chiropractic for their generosity. They donated our envelopes for our cards. So thank you!! By the way, he's also my chiropractor and he is great! He's really friendly and knows what he's doing. So if you need one, check his site out! Secondly, I would like to thank Office Depot (in West Valley) for giving us the envelopes at a discount price. They were very kind when we told them that we were doing cards for OWH and gladly gave us a discount on the envelopes. So thank you wonderful people for your contribution, and of course Kathy for helping me get cards made.




As always thank you all for stopping by! :)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Yolanda and for such a great cause! Nice that you got a donation for the envelopes that's awesome. Another thing that's nice is the color of your ink for this post. I can actually read it which is great............ nice color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say Yolanda - I just uploaded a card using this stamp too! I love your card. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and such a wonderful cause.

    ReplyDelete