Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I'm paying it forward

A week ago Monday I was checking out some of my favorite blogs and stumbled across one that had my name in it and an award.  I was surprised.  I wasn't going to do anything about it, and then I decided that I needed to keep it going.  SO... with that said, here is my over due post.

I received this award from Penny Hanuszak.  Thank you so much Penny, I was very surprised, I've just really started out on this blog journey and feel like there is still so much I need to learn.  I appreciate the vote of confidence though.  So, as part of receiving this award the recipient must share 8 random things about themselves and then pass the award along to 8 other deserving bloggers!  Here are my random things.

1.  I married my high school sweet heart and we've been married 10 years now with 3 beautiful children.  I'm hoping for one more.
2.  I love to write, mostly poems, but I don't share them. 
3.  I love sugary sweets, but not so much chocolate.
4.  Until this year I hated yogurt.  I don't know what changed.
5.  I LOVE to read, once I find a good book I can't put it down.  So I can't start a book unless I know I can dedicate lots of time to just reading.
6.  I HATE putting away laundry.  I don't mind loading it, or folding it, but I just can't put it away.
7.  I clean my house when I'm angry.  Deep clean, spotless.
8.  I'm hoping to go back to school and be a social worker.  I use to want to be an Elementary school teacher, but now I feel very passionate about being a social worker and still helping children.

Now, for the 8 people I chose.  This was a hard choice because I've come across so many creative people, and this is honestly why I've taken so long to pass on the award.  Some of the ladies blogs that I love had already received the award, so I wanted to pass it on to some new people who's blogs  are also amazing.

1.  Shari Winterstein
2.  Bree
3.  Eileen Lang
4.  Karla Anders
5.  Nita Kauffman
6.  Crystal Rancourt
7.  Terry Blais
8.  Amy

Check those blogs out and let them know I sent you.  Thanks again ladies, and thank you Penny for thinking of me.  It's so nice to know that people do stop by, and thank  you everyone for sharing your talents.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Yolanda,

    Thanks for visiting my blog so often and leaving messages! I appreciate it. I really enjoy your blog. Thanks for choosing my blog for this award. And congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award! I need your e-mail to sign you up for my newsletter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Yolanda for nominating me for this wonderful award. You are the second person and as you can see I still haven't responded. I need to take about a half hour away from everything to do this. I am so pleased that I can see your work on a regular basis. Thank you for inspiring me and for blessing my days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yolanda, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a nice comment. I enjoy everyone. Congrats on the Stylish Blogger Award too. Always fun to get surprises. Your creations are great and I'll try to stop by ... but I know it's really hard as the SC List has grown HUGE. It's a full time job to get everyone but I do my best. HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yolanda I couldn't find your email address so just wanted to drop you a line and thank you for your wonderful birthday wishes. So sweet of you. And I just read this blog post through and loved the 8things you wrote about. The housework thing I can really relate to. New blogger or not you are so deserving of the award so enjoy!

    ReplyDelete