Saturday, February 19, 2011

Here's what happened...

Last night was my 5-10-15 event. It went well, except in typical Yolanda fashion, all of my prep work went out the window. I changed almost all of my cards. I didn't like the originals when it came right down to prepping the stuff. So, these are the actual cards we ended up doing.
 This cupcake green one is the exact same one as the original one I had planned on doing, I just changed it from the Chocolate Chip base because I completely spaced ordering more chocolate chip paper.  I like the way it turned out though. 
 This card is using entirely sale-a-bration stuff.  The paper, the stamp, the ribbon, and the buttons.  Now, I have to say that this card was cased.  I just have no idea where I saw it.  As soon as I find the original link, I will be posting that.  I'm sorry!
The other two cards passed my scrutiny test.  So what do you think of these new cards?  I really liked them much better than my originals.


So, as promised here's pictures of my event BEFORE people arrived.
 I had this idea that if I bought 5 of those clear boxes I could organize each of the accessories the cards need and stay organized that way.  It did work, but I realized that some of the stuff in one box I still needed for another card.  I still say the idea was pretty good.
 Here are my yummy cupcakes.  I am not a big chocolate fan, I love the vanilla, so I was surprised to see that the chocolate one's went very quickly.  I'm glad I thought outside my own little box. 
I'm still figuring things out as I go.  I realized only after we had finished the cards, that I had them only do one card and they were suppose to do two of each.  Thankfully, I had a few friends that came just to visit and I put them to work assembling cards, I thought I'd have a bunch for OWH.  It turns out that it was good because I owed them each 5 more cards.  DA!!  Like I said, I'm still figuring this out.  I'm thankful I have such a good group of friends that are so supportive and understanding.  Over all I think it was a great night.  I always love getting together with ladies and doing what I love!  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Well I love the new cards. I was getting concerned when we hadn't heard from you for awhile. Nice to see that you are continuing OWH, way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay first of all I thought that I had already added myself as a follower here but apparently not....sorry

    Secondly your cards looked great and we all have learned along the way and I am soo happy for you that you have that great of friends that are willing to be patient for you.

    Lastly your cupcakes looked amazing....I want one....smile

    I know I said lastly but I just wanted to thank you for the comments you have left on my blog, you are now in my favs and I will be back, thanks for the invite into your blogging world
    Crystal
    craftycrystalcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete