Sunday, February 20, 2011

St. Patricks Day

I've gotta get my swaps out in the mail Tuesday, so I've just started working on them of course today.  I love how this card turned out.  I got the original idea here.  I'm not too big on St. Patricks day, I never send out cards, or do anything except maybe wear green, (my kids will pinch if I don't.)  This is entirely out of my comfort zone.  I don't even own 1 single stamp set that's Saint Patricks.  So this card was great cause I could do it without owning anything just for Saint Patty's day.  Anyhow, I'd love to know what  you think, and see what you've come up with.  Thanks for looking.
Oh, and just cause I looked at my picture again, I realized that I fibbed.  I didn't knowingly purchase any St. P day stamps.  One of the stamp sets that I used is from the Sale-a-brations stamp set "So Happy for You."  It just happened to have a clover in it.  LOL.

I've been away for a week or so, I've been re-doing my stamp room.  I think it's finally the way I can live with for a bit.  At least until the next bug bites that tells me I just don't like it.  I'll post pics soon cause I can't figure out how to load my videos.  Anyway, I'm off to check on my sick kids.  Yucky stomach bug has hit our home.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear your little ones are sick. Hope they get better really quickly. This is a very cute card Yolanda. I haven't got any St. Patrick's day stamps either..... not even the clover you found lol! I enjoyed the video tutorial that was great too! TFS your card and the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, CUTE card. I think it is so fun to find stamps in our stashes that will work for holidays and occasions that we didn't know we had. Great use of the definition stamp to--it fits perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Begosh and begorum (said with a thick Irish brogue) this is a great card. You are a typical stamper/woman - can't leave the stamping room alone without rearranging! I do that with the drawers - so can I find anything anymore? No - doesn't match the index. Thanks for blessing my Sunday evening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your St. Pat's card. It is that time of year. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Great design and I love the sparkle! Like you, I do not have any St. Patricks themed sets so I really enjoyed your tip from the SAB set. Thank you for sharing that! :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete